Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop!

Howdy, friends! I'm taking a mini break from my Online Dating 101 series to participate in a fun blog hop! The Next Big Thing is designed to raise awareness of authors' work, or work in progress. I was tagged by Val Clarizio and have to answer ten questions. So here goes!

What is the title of your next book?
My next book, releasing in mid January of next year, is called Cheapskates in Love.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
I was talking to my girlfriends one night online, discussing how I'd been perusing the eHarmony online dating website using my free membership because I was too cheap to purchase a legit one. And, as it turns out, I found a pretty interesting guy on there who had a free membership too. We met and hit it off, for the short time we actually dated, and I believe it was the fabulous Margaret Ethridge who referred to us as cheapskates in love. Then and there I knew that needed to be the title of a book, so I wrote it!

What genre does your book fall under? 
I would categorize it as an erotic/romantic comedy, if that's even a category. It is now! :D

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? 
Well, I directly compare my hero to Harry Connick Jr. in the story, so he's an automatic hire. As for my heroine...I'm gonna have to go with Jessica Biel. Hmmm. They'd make a great couple in real life too, wouldn't they? Then I could take Justin Timberlake. We share a birthday so it's only right.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? 
Is the possibility of love really worth the price of $24.95 per month?

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? 
My Cheapskates have found a home with Turquoise Morning Press.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? 
Exactly three minutes and forty-two seconds. Actually, it took me a few weeks. It's a novelette, around 8400 words, but they are 8400 AWESOME words. ;)

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? 
This book is a one-of-a-kind. Totally and completely unique. Kinda like me. *nods* :P

Who or What inspired you to write this book? 
I've already touched on this a little, but it was a combination of my own personal experiences in online dating, and the dialogue exchanged with friends during one of our many chats about my love life, or lack thereof. 

What else about your book might pique the readers' interest? 
It's quirky and funny. There's nudity and sexy times. My new made-up word 'spocking' is featured. It pokes fun at online dating. My characters are hot. I'll give you cookies if you buy it....

Aaaand that's about all I have to say! Thanks for reading! If you're interested in participating in this blog hop, let me know! I need to tag five new people!! :)





:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

10 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the world to fall in love with Cheapskates in Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, the world already loves you, Maggie Wells! :*

      Delete
  2. I'm sure it's going to be a great read. I'll be curious to what 'spocking' is.
    Clever and funny answers, just like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you, Laurie! You won't have to wait much longer to find out!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to read this one! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have you to thank for inspiring this story too! Can't wait to share it! :)

      Delete
  4. I already know I will love this story! Can't wait for it. :)

    You are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU are AWESOME! :D Can't wait to share it with you!

      Delete
  5. Harry Connick Jr....awesome choice!

    Thanks for doing the Next Big Thing Blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for asking me, Val! It was a blast! :)

      Delete