Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors #4!

So yeah. I kinda made a booboo last week and forgot to post. In my defense, I was in a foreign country. Well, Atlanta...with my best girlfriends. Thankfully, we survived our trip to the underground mall, so I'm back and ready to hit you with another eight sentences from my quirky story, The Cold War!


Flashes of green blinked beneath the gelatinous surface. Fallen soldiers. The blood drained from my face and I jerked back from the window.
We penetrated deeper, plunging further into the abyss. The steady rattle of the engine lulled me into a false sense of security. Mucosa’s ship slowed on the radar screen. Their path had narrowed, and the wind grew steadier. Our tunnel expanded and contracted.

Oooh. Ahhh. I wonder what's happening. :D Thanks for reading, and I hope you stay tuned! Enjoy your day! :) 
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

10 comments:

  1. Your mind is a wild and crazy place. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. You're so clever it blows my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be rubbing off on me then! ;) Thanks, Maggie!

      Delete
  3. This story is just SO....unusual? Quirky? Whatever, I keep coming back for more LOL. Terrific snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! So thrilled you're enjoying it, Veronica! I always look forward to your comments! :)

      Delete
  4. If this is what I think it is, I love your sense of humor, Evelyn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kate! I'm a little weird and twisted. ;)

      Delete
  5. "The Cold War" with Mucosa? I'm cracking up reading your snippets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That's exactly what I want to hear! Thanks so much ED!

      Delete