Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors #32!

Hiya, folks! Happy Sunday! I'm sharing another excerpt from Crossing the Line today, but we're skipping ahead a bit. Georgey-boy has taken our dear girl into the big grey building for further interrogation. *eyebrow raise, eyebrow raise*

Here's the blurb:
Madison Kelly is an erotic romance author from Canada on her way to her first ever writing conference. Across the border. A trunk full of dirty books and dildos proves enough to amp up her nerves and make her lips flap faster than the maple leaf flag.
But she's not going anywhere until George Petropoulos gives the go-ahead.
The Greek god of a border guard has something other than national security in mind when he detains this particular citizen. He can’t help but be charmed by the juxtaposition between her stammering blushes and the racy books she writes.
A hot and heavy interrogation brings out her inner sex goddess, one that she’s been hiding in the pages of her books, and leaves them both wanting more. But will they be brave enough to cross the line again? 

And here's the excerpt: 

“Have a seat,” he told her after closing the door behind them.
The room was quaint. Tan walls, a small rectangular table in the center with four chairs surrounding it…a couch. That was a bit of a head scratcher. She automatically went for a chair and sank into it. Fidgeting with her hands, she waited for him to sit across from her, but he didn’t. He sat on the table in front of her, his legs dangling over the edge on either side of her, locking her in without actually touching her.
About a thousand dirty scenarios filtered into her brain. She’d been writing erotica for too long.

Thank you very much for stopping by and be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors

Well, today is Sunday, September 15th. It's also the day after our annual Corn and Wiener Roast. I'm writing this before the shindig commences, but I already know it's gonna rock my toe socks. I'll actually be wearing toe socks for the occasion, and my new 'Elmo Style' t-shirt I scored for three bucks at Walmart! There will be a kick-ass fire that I will be dancing around. Possibly while wearing a headdress. There will be marshmallow roasting, barbecued everything, and corn coming out of our ears (see what I did there?) And, best of all, both sides of the family will be here for the festivities. Oh, and better still, there will be a ridiculous amount of leftovers! :D Okie dokes. That's enough out of me. Wishing you all a spectacular day! 

:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

30 comments:

  1. Such a simple, ordinary scene -- yet I feel the chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scene. Think she's going to come out of the closet, so toy speak. :)
    History Sleuth's Writings
    (No snippet for me this week. I got veggies to process.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! The toys will come into play soon enough. ;) Good luck with those veggies!

      Delete
  3. Hee. Madison's mind is permanently in sexy mode. Like someone else I know.... Great 8, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, who ever do you mean? I have no idea who you're talking about.... :D Thanks, Mags!

      Delete
  4. I'm loving the snippets for Crossing the Line! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear that! Thank you so much for commenting! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh yummy. Love the last line...and i imagine her thoughts went in that direction with the help of that couch...can't wait to see more of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no doubt the couch helped. ;) Thanks for stopping by, Sarah!

      Delete
  6. Hmmm, the couch in the room...Is that like if you show a gun in Act II, it has to be used by the last act? (I'd like to add in a leering 'heh' here, but since I now know you don't like that, I'll abstain.)Really loving this whole story and looking forward to reading it! Hope your roast was everything you hoped it would be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's exactly like that. :D You can 'heh' all you want, just do it in the privacy of your own mind. lol. So glad you're enjoying it! The roast was FABULOUS! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Great line about her writing erotica for too long...why do I have a feeling some of those plot twists she writes about just might be occurring on that interesting couch soon? Does the door lock? Terrific, fun snippet, can't wait to read the entire story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! You're very keen, Veronica Scott. It's more fun if it doesn't lock, isn't it? ;) Thanks so much for your always awesome comments!

      Delete
  8. A couch indeed. We shall see if her erotic writing thoughts translates off the page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be onto something there. ;) Thanks, Laurie!

      Delete
  9. Oh my, I'm guessing she's already got something nice scripted out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gears in her dirty mind are definitely turning. ;) Thanks, Millie!

      Delete
  10. Another fun eight there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's hardly a professional way to sit... Maybe she's not the only one having inappropriate thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there's no doubt about that! ;) Thanks, Caitlin!

      Delete
  12. sounds like a fun sunday. don't party too hard.

    I love that he took the seat in front of her on the table. no way she can ignore him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day, Michelle! I wouldn't be able to ignore him either. :) Thanks so much!

      Delete
  13. Is he having ideas about her just because he saw what she had in the truck? It can't be that easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's much more than that. But I'm sure the toys didn't hurt. :)

      Delete
  14. Awesome snippet. I really love how her mind works.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn! I think she and I share a mind. Weird how that works. ;)

      Delete
  15. Funny ending! Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I like the wit in this!

    "She’d been writing erotica for too long." LOL, this is my favorite part of the 8. :)

    ReplyDelete