Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weekend Writing Warriors #53!

Greetings, my friends! Hope all is well in your world! Feeling hungry? Then you've come to the right place! I'm sharing one last excerpt from Nutcases then I'll be revisiting an oldie but a goodie! Without further ado, let's get crackin'!

Here's the premise: It's the year 2033. Since so many people have developed allergies to peanuts in this century, the government has banned peanuts and all peanut-related products, including (*gasp*) peanut butter. Side note: I think that was the most anyone has ever used the word 'peanut' in a sentence. Well, as you can imagine, Morgan, my heroine, refuses to live in a world without PB. So, with the help of my hero, Clark, they build their own peanut-butter-making machine in the secret basement of her home and begin the business of bootlegging. Also, they share a few pb kisses, etc, etc. :-D

And here's an excerpt:

Lips fused together. He propelled her toward the table, until her back was flat against it, her thighs still pressed to his. “I can’t wait to work with you, Morgan.” His fingers slipped beneath her shirt, exposing the smooth, creamy expanse of her stomach.

“Me too,” she whispered, a wicked gleam in her eyes. “I wanna make peanut butter with you, Clark.” Her toes curled around his calves to pull him closer. “Slow, smooth, sweet peanut butter.”

That's all, folks! Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors!

How excited am I that the Olympics are on right now? Like, there are no words. Just so far BEYOND excited I can't even stand myself. I remember when I was in high school and my parents went to Mexico for a vacation. My grandparents came to look after me and my brother, and the entire week I faked being sick so I could stay home to watch the '98 Olympics in Nagano. I know they knew I was faking, but they just loved to see the dramatic lengths I would go to in order to prove I was truly on my death bed. I'd do it all over again too. Wishing you all a sensational and sporty week! Go, Team Canada! :)
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

24 comments:

  1. I'm not sure they are going to make that much of peanut better though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. They'll keep getting distracted by sex. I'll have to put a stop to that eventually. lol. Thanks, Linda! :)

      Delete
  2. Lol, talk about subtext;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've given new meaning to peanut butter, Evelyn. I'll never spread smooth creamy sweet pb again w/o thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Then my work here is done! Thanks so much, Charmaine!

      Delete
  4. I didn't know that's how peanut butter was made ;) LOL, great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, there's a whole lotta love that goes into every jar, Skye! ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Mmmmm, peanut butter. Now what flavor will the jelly be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, something wild and untamed. :D Thanks, Pete!

      Delete
  6. They'll definitely be making some smooth peanut butter together, but probably not the type you put on a sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee, probably not. That will happen eventually. After they get all these crazy urges out of the way. ;) Thanks, Carrie-Anne!

      Delete
  7. Another great snippet. Can't wait to taste the peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who knew peanut butter could be so sexy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? I think I somehow knew. lol. So glad it's coming across that way too. :D Thanks, Cara!

      Delete
  9. Ok, wow, hot stuff there! Loving this story, excellent excerpt...I may never look at peanut butter the same way ever again LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D That's pretty much exactly what I'm going for, Veronica. Thank you! I'm so, so glad you're enjoying it!

      Delete
  10. You so crack me up. Somehow, I have a feeling that when Mr. George Washington Carver first invented peanut butter, he never envisioned what Morgan and Clark are going to do! Or maybe he did. What do I know! Anyway, I'll cheer for Canada right along with Team USA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet George had a really, really great sex life. How could he not? lol. Thanks tons for the love and support! Go, USA! I'm wearing my Team USA uniform tonight. :)

      Delete
  11. You make me giggle. Make peanut butter, not war!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making you giggle! The world needs more peanut butter! PB = love! :D

      Delete
  12. So many peanut butter references! I think I need some peanut butter cups...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you do! Eat some for both of us! :D Thanks, Caitlin!

      Delete