Sunday, September 7, 2014

Weekend Writing Warriors #83!

Hi there! Happy Sunday to you! Today I'll be sharing another excerpt from Adventures in Online Dating.

Here's a brief blurb: After too many failed relationships, too many shots of tequila, and too many not-so-gentle nudges from her best friend, Sydney Montrose joins an online dating site in hopes of finding THE ONE. During her adventures, she crosses paths with a professional gamer who lives with his parents, a sweet and sarcastic parking enforcement officer, a flirty barista, a mystery man, a touchy-feely former felon, and a clown. Which one will she choose? Well, that's all entirely up to you! :D

And heeeeeere's an excerpt, continuing from where we left off: 

“Okay, let’s check out Charlie first and then we’ll give G.I. Joe a thorough inspection.”
            Sydney slid closer to her so she could help her friend navigate faster through the profiles. “That’s him.”
            “Ahh, he’s a ginger. Dimples--always a good thing. Oooh, look at him posing with kids in one of his profile pics. Smooth move, bud. I hope they’re not yours.”
            “No, it says in the caption they’re his nephews.”
            “That’s acceptable.

Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors! 

I've spent a very generous portion of my weekend catching up on episodes of Outlander and drooling over the heavenly deliciousness that is Jamie. I would very much like to marry him--or Sam Heughan. If any of you know how I can go about doing that, please help a sister out. I'll even invite you to the wedding. ;) Wishing you all a fantastic week ahead! 
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

24 comments:

  1. So real and funny. BFF's checking out the pics. Love your writing style, Evelyn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Charmaine! I'm so happy you're enjoying it! :)

      Delete
  2. Liked it a lot. Red head are good in my book :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're good in my book too! ;) Thanks, Elsa!

      Delete
  3. Yes, on the dimpled ginger! Nooooo on the clown!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! But just wait until you meet the clown at least. ;) Thanks, Eleri!

      Delete
  4. Just a hunch - but I'm already throwing my vote to the clown, sight unseen. Such a clever idea for a story. Love the easy familiarity between the two friends. As always, looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I loved you for a reason, A-M! :D Thanks tons for the support! Stay tuned for more next week!

      Delete
  5. I love your voice. Such a fun and light snippet. Well done.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way they interact and respond. No on the clown, but the ginger sounds good! *waggles eyebrows* Great 8;).
    As much as I would like to help you out I have no idea how to get Jamie close to you;). Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! What if the clown and the ginger are one in the same? ;) Thanks, Tina! We'll work on that Jamie thing....

      Delete
  7. Fun exchange! I could really 'see' them chatting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha this is so fun. I love the girls' interactions. Their friendship jumps off the page at you easily. Can't wait for the next 8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So glad you think so, Meka! I really appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  9. Such a fun concept, really enjoying the conversation between the friends and the analysis of each guy. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me very, very happy, Veronica! Thanks tons for the encouragement! :)

      Delete
  10. Definitely a good choice. It says, 'see, I can be domestic,' without going too far out there. He sounds cute, though I wonder if cute is what she's looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds about right. I vote for ginger! And Jamie Fraser! I mean, who doesn't want to marry him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, sister! Thanks so much for commenting, Christina! :)

      Delete
  12. Your snippets always bring a smile to my face...toss in a ginger...ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the goal! Thanks very much, Millie! The same is true with your snippets! :)

      Delete