Sunday, July 19, 2015

Weekend Writing Warriors #128!

Hello, all you lovely people! Hope you're doing well! I'm glad many of you are warming up to Garrett (aka: Mystery Man). Veronica Scott, I still think he'll grow you. ;) Ready for more Adventures in Online Dating? Read on!

Here's the blurb: After too many failed relationships, too many shots of tequila, and too many not-so-gentle nudges from her best friend, Sydney Montrose joins an online dating site in hopes of finding THE ONE. During her adventures, she crosses paths with a professional gamer who lives with his parents, a sweet and sarcastic parking enforcement officer, a flirty barista, a mystery man, a touchy-feely former felon, and a clown. Which one will she choose? Well, that's all entirely up to you! :-D

And here's an excerpt, continuing from where we left off: 

“And why would I do a thing like that?” A slow smile followed his words.
            The damn butterflies were back and more persistent than ever. “Tell me about yourself,” she said, desperate to shift the attention from her before she came undone. “What do you do, besides offer bad dating advice?”
            “I’m in marketing and advertising.” That explained the suit. “The dating advice is just something I do in my spare time.”
            “Well...you suck at it.”
            He chuckled as he reached for his mug. 
          
Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors!


Well, in roughly two weeks I'm picking up and moving...across the street. It's not far to go, I know, but moving is always such a pain. So much packing. So much lifting. So much sweating. One of these days I hope to settle in a place that I can call home for longer than a year or two. Or maybe I'll meet a really sexy man who already has a home of his own, and we'll magically fall in love, and he'll, like, totally ask me to move in with him. And I'll act all nonchalant at first, but meanwhile I'll be secretly packing my bags, and then I'll just show up on his doorstep and he'll carry me and all my belongings over the threshold. Ahhh. A girl can dream, can't she? Wishing you all a fairytale-like week ahead! :)


:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

17 comments:

  1. She'd better watch it- so close to being putty in his hands. Or maybe it's too late already. :-)

    I like your moving plans, especially the fairytale version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I think you may be right, Christina! Fairytales are always so much more fun than reality, aren't they? ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Great snippet and your blurb makes me want to go pick up the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Michelle, this story is just one I'm sharing on my blog, but the steamier version is being posted in installments here: https://www.silkwords.com/stories/online_mating - Hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Funny lady, "you suck at it" Way to go with the online dating.
    As for the fairy tale, I looked into my crystal ball and see your dreams come true. How's that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're the best, Charmaine! Sounds perfect to me! :) xo

      Delete
  4. First I loved the clown but now I'm really loving Garrett :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Garrett and I are both really happy to hear that. :D Thanks, Michelle!

      Delete
  5. There's something wrong with your fairytale... where are all the cute woodland creatures who do the packing for you? Or the magic wand? And if it were my fairytale... I think my wardrobe would be instantly transformed to all new clothes. ;-)

    And I'd definitely be chuckling in Mystery Man's place. He knows he's winning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! Now I need to completely rewrite my fairytale! Where were you when I needed you? ;)

      Yep, MM is a winner for sure. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Flirty and fun. Nice sexual tension. Want to read more . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nancy! That's great to hear! :)

      Delete
  7. Oh, I like this guy! I see some serious fun in their future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right about that, Elizabeth! Stay tuned! :)

      Delete
  8. I just moved four miles, so I feel your pain! Best wishes though, on the packing & unpacking. Enjoyed the excerpt of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, glad the moving part is over for you at least. Thanks for the luck, and thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  9. Oh, I like him;). Love the chemistry between them.
    I hope your move goes smoothly. I feel your pain. I've moved a lot as well. And good like finding your sexy man with a house:).

    ReplyDelete