Sunday, August 2, 2015

Weekend Writing Warriors #130!

Hello, everyone out there! Happy Sunday! I'll be sharing more from Adventures in Online Dating today, so buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Here's the blurb: After too many failed relationships, too many shots of tequila, and too many not-so-gentle nudges from her best friend, Sydney Montrose joins an online dating site in hopes of finding THE ONE. During her adventures, she crosses paths with a professional gamer who lives with his parents, a sweet and sarcastic parking enforcement officer, a flirty barista, a mystery man, a touchy-feely former felon, and a clown. Which one will she choose? Well, that's all entirely up to you! :-D

And here's an excerpt, continuing from where we left off:

“And while they make one hell of a cup of coffee here, a woman as gorgeous as you needs to be shown off. So I’d take you to my favorite place up the street, The Empire, and ask you dozens of questions because I want to know everything about you: where you work, what makes you laugh, what makes you tick, and how you can possibly be single.”

            Her hands were shaking—hell, her entire body was trembling with arousal and a tiny hint of fear. How could this man have such an effect on her? She fumbled for her mug and drained her cappuccino in one long gulp. Like it wasn’t enough that he mentioned the restaurant she adored most in the city. No man, not even the men she’d dated in the past or had long-term relationships with, had ever made her feel so much with mere words and compliments. “I’m a professional piano player. Witty conversations, getting tickled, jumping in rain puddles after a storm—just a few things that make me laugh. Music...music makes me tick.”

Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors!


Well, my friends, I'm writing this post on Thursday night, knowing that the big MD is coming...Moving Day. Dun, dun, dun! Now that it's Sunday (at least it will be when you read this), I'm really hoping the move on Saturday went well. That a sexy, bare-chested man helped me with the heavy lifting, and said sexy, bare-chested man gave me his digits before he left. No, wait. I hope he helped me christen my new bachelorette pad first. *nods* Actually, I hope my parents left, and THEN he helped me christen the place. :D I'll make the rounds once I get settled in. Till then, have a wonderful day/week ahead! 
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

7 comments:

  1. Are you teasing or is this THE man? Love the snippet and hope all your fantasies come through regarding said moving man. He has to be the owner of the company and no one was available to work that moving day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still maintain this guy is too good to be true.I hope he shows Sydney a good time anyway. :-) Good luck with the move. I will keep my fingers crossed for a bare-chested hunk to wander across your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music makes her tick, huh? Do I hear Bolero playing in her future? (Anyone else even old enough to get that reference?) Garrett does seem exceedingly smooth, but I bet he's fun, even if he's not 100% sincere.

    You don't want the moving guy to be the sexy, bare-chested one. After the parents are gone, you want a helpful, sexy neighbor to notice you're still struggling to carry in your last boxes and offer to help. Then there's no awkwardness and he's around for some future romps! Good luck - hope you're nicely settled in by now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Mystery Man really knows what he's doing!;) Great snippet!
    Hope you had a good moving day and that Barechested Hunk was good with his hands...after your parents left;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the move is going well today! Enjoyed the excerpt but this guy is seeming a bit too perfect to me as he keeps talking so I hope our heroine keeps her head...

    ReplyDelete
  6. They've got quite some chemistry. Now all they need is time for a deeper connection...

    ReplyDelete