Sunday, June 8, 2014

Weekend Writing Warriors #70!

Hey-hey, my wordy friends! Happy Sunday to you! I'm gonna share one final excerpt from Cheapskates in Love before I move onto something new next week!

Here's the blurb: It’s couples' skating night down at the local rink and Elena Armstrong can’t seem to keep her cocky jock blind date around long enough to knee him in the balls. Sadly, she was too much of a cheapskate to pay for a membership to an online dating site and based everything on Leonard’s personality profile alone. Big mistake.

At the opposite end of the rink, Ben Kessel, another cheapskate on a blind date with Iris, the ice princess, is having a similarly miserable time. Elena, a hater of all things sports-related, inches out into the skating world butt-first and collides with Ben. After sharing their hilarious and horrifying dates-gone-wrong stories, the two disappear and make everything right again on the floor in the players’ dressing room. Almost everything. They forget to exchange numbers. Now these two cheapskates need to make the ultimate sacrifice: pay for a membership to the online dating site so they can track each other down. But is the possibility of love really worth the price of $24.95 per month?

And here's the excerpt, continuing from where we left off:

“I’m guessing you’re not much of a hockey fan,” he gathered, gesturing for her to lead the way. 
“I’m not much of a sports fan at all,” she admitted as she hobbled along the narrow aisle. Her butt made contact with the bench and she jerked upright. “Gah!”
His eyes widened in panic. “What’s wrong?”
“Coccyx,” she muttered, rubbing her backside.
He blushed profusely and she relished the rosy tinge that lit his smooth, kissable cheeks. “Excuse me?”

Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors!

Well, I don't know how things are in your neck of the woods, but the weather here in Ottawa has been fan-freaking-tastic! My Canadian skin has reached an almost golden hue, which is relatively unheard of this early in the season. I have nose freckles! :D Wishing everyone a warm, happy, and healthy week ahead! 
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

22 comments:

  1. Deliciously funny as always. Great way to move forward in your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great fun. I'm looking forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'll be moving on to another story next week, but you can always get yourself a copy of Cheapskates for less than a toonie! ;)

      Delete
  3. Awww, I like it! Nice place to leave us in this fun story...great 8!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Veronica! I really appreciate the support! :)

      Delete
  4. The coccyx. I'm all too familiar with how much that can hurt. Lucky me, lol. Fab snippet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too. I've only bruised mine and felt that sting for weeks. It's a real pain in the ass. ;)

      Delete
  5. I'm imagining a hard hockey player's body now. Thanks! Oh, and your snippets did the trick. I bought Cheapskates in Love a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so, so much, Alexis! That's awesome to hear! Hope you enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  6. As always, I love the humor infused into the scene. Just lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D That's music to my ears! Thanks, Sarah!

      Delete
  7. Whoo hoo! We get some coccyx!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! Great snippet. Sad to see the go, but looking forward to your next story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina! I'll be sure to keep the humour coming. :)

      Delete
  9. Yeah, I don't think he knows she's referring to his tailbone. I can imagine what he misheard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guys and their dirty minds. ;) Thanks, Caitlin!

      Delete
  10. These two are just so cute. And hot. Cute and hot. Of course, with you as their author, how can they be otherwise? Anxious to see what you highlight next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you are too kind, A-M! You're pretty cute and hot yourself! ;) Stay tuned!

      Delete
  11. Evelyn, I'm gonna miss these two. I'll have to stop being such a cheapskate and put them on my tbr list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! I know they (and I) would greatly appreciate that! ;) Thanks so much, Millie!!

      Delete